Tuesday, June 4, 2013

And The Letter Goes Out [from Courtney]


Hey Ya’ll!                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

It is hard to believe a whole year has already passed since I returned from India, and it has been a grace-filled one, to say the least. As many of you know, God led me to withdraw from classes and take a job in the business world just over a year ago. That was undoubtedly one of the biggest ways I’ve seen His provision, as this plan made no sense to me at the time. Around the same time, I moved out into the rolling hills of these Ozark Mountains with an incredible family from whom I have learned so much.

The move and job change have so flawlessly testified to God’s faithfulness in my life this year, as He has used this adopted family to show me such a tangible picture of His own love for me. Looking back, God has used this year to restore a lot of brokenness and solidify my own dependency in Him above all else. I am thankful it is a process, and certainly have not arrived, but I see a spirit of steadfastness growing.

Another year of International ministry has really allowed me to see the body of believers here in NW Arkansas catching a vision to reach out to these students in noticeable ways. It has been incredibly humbling to be apart of.  Most of my time has been spent studying the bible with a group of girls from Korea, Japan, and Indonesia. This past fall, a new program was launched, birthed from vision God gave me last year to further connect American University of Arkansas college students with internationals. The “Friendship Cousins” program has been a huge success this year and God continues to use relationships built for His glory, even through a secular program.

In just a couple weeks, I will be moving into a house with two other believers who also share in this desire to see internationals reached with the gospel. We look forward to hosting plenty of events and bible studies in this awesome house God provided! I recently accepted a new job as a nanny here in Arkansas as I continue paying off school debt. I am just several classes away from graduation this August! I have watched God provide in such miraculous ways this year. Just recently, He has presented an opportunity for me to return to India this summer!

As the year has progressed, I have kept in close contact with the Pastor I got to serve in India last summer. India has remained constant in thought and prayer as I have tried to remain faithful to what God has called me to here as I wait for His timing and confirmation of returning. Now it’s time!!!  

The Lord has graciously provided a dear friend and sister in Christ with the desire [and the guts!] to adventure into the mountainous villages of India alongside me! God has so meshed our hearts and lives together this year and it is a privilege to embark on this journey with her.

From July 3rd to July 30th we will be teaching English at a school in the middle of many small, impoverished villages. Just having us there to teach & share the gospel through English classes in that schoolhouse will bring much credibility to the school and the ministry work it funds. We also hope to offer several classes on sex-trafficking prevention, as many of these village women are prime targets of this awful crime. In addition, we hope to be an encouragement to the local church & persecuted believers who call these rural mountains home.

The school we will be teaching at.

 
While in India, we plan to keep a blog! This is such an awesome opportunity for YOU to be involved through our whole journey! We hope to articulate with more clarity the needs of this Pastor and his ministry as well as stories of what God is doing. As we are going into a primarily Hindi culture with some deeply rooted resistance to the gospel, please pray that hearts would be softened while we share and do life on life with these beautiful people. Also, pray for the Pastor and his family who continue to serve so faithfully day in and day out, despite persecution. Pray for God to show us how we can best serve them through our time as well.

As I am going into this trip with the specific intention of prayerfully considering returning to the same location to teach the children and minister to the Hindi women long-term within about a year, please pray for God to provide direction in this as well.

As God has so graciously drawn me to Himself through the way the local church has encircled, provided discipleship, and loved on me this year, it is humbling and exciting to actually be sent out by my own church on this trip! We need to raise $2,500 for this trip by June 28th, 2013. If you feel led to support us on this journey, please make checks payable to University Baptist Church. All donations are tax-deductable. Please don’t put my name on the check.

Thank you for continuing to walk with me in this journey, trusting God as He leads me back to India for this season! Your continual prayers and support are always so appreciated! 

In His Glorious Grace,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment